[Mimedefang] Validate users before scanning?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu May 19 09:39:33 EDT 2005

Jan Pieter Cornet wrote:

> Sendmail has two macros available: ${nbadrcpts} and ${nrcpts}, that
> contain the values you are looking for. However, mimedefang currently
> has no way to extract these macro's before calling filter_begin.

Well, it's mildly useful to know ${nbadrcpts} and ${nrcpts}, but you
really need to know *which* recipient addresses are invalid, especially
if you're using stream_by_recipient.  So being able to access those macros
wouldn't be a complete solution.

That being said, I can see how it would be useful to get at macros
at various portions of the milter state machine, so I'll consider adding
ways to do this.