[Mimedefang] Ways to release non-spam

David Erickson erickson+mimedefang at mddsg.com
Tue May 17 11:15:50 EDT 2005

I have setup Mimedefang to allow all email generated locally on the server
so we dont get any accidental blocks of outgoing email.  This was fine up
until I recentlly started using stream_by_recipient on a person who
insisted he wanted to get all his spam and mail cause he couldn't tolerate
having to wait to get an email if it scored high as a spam as no solution
is truly perfect.  So I filter'd by recipient and then he gets his spam
*grins* but so do the other individuals because the email then originates
as a relay of 127.0.0.1 which gets delivered.  So i turned off localhost
acceptance and then I found that emails that are quarantined due to
content that appears to be spam but really isnt spam cannot be released.
I was just doing the following before:

sendmail -f `cat SENDER` `cat RECIPIENTS` < ENTIRE_MESSAGE

So what mechanisms are available to me to release an email back into wild
from quarnatine without having the 127.0.0.1 allowed globally in the
mimedefang script.

Thanks,
Dave