mimedefang errors (was Re: [Mimedefang]spamassassin errormessages)

Craig Green cgreen at sentex.net
Fri May 13 15:05:47 EDT 2005

Lisa Casey wrote:

> Hi Craig,
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
>> I'd like to know what's in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mimedefang.sh...
>

> OK...  The main thing I have changed in here is MX_USER. Initially the
> script had it as @DEFANGUSER@

That's what the raw examples/init-script.in file from MD's tarball has.
MD's configure processes init-script.in and outputs init-script so that
it's set up for the local environment.  This includes replacing
@DEFANGUSER@ with the value of the '--with-user=' switch passed to
configure.

In FreeBSD, the port would pass configure '--with-user=mailnull'.  It
would also rename it to mimedefang.sh and move it to /usr/local/etc/rc.d.

You must have fished your startup script out of a raw, unconfigured
source directory or something...

Craig.
------