mimedefang errors (was Re: [Mimedefang] spamassassin errormessages)

Craig Green cgreen at sentex.net
Fri May 13 13:13:28 EDT 2005

Lisa Casey wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Lets go over this one more time, then if this looks right I guess I
> just need to go back over my whole setup starting at step 1.
>
> As for directory permissions/ownership I have this in /var/spool:
>
> # cd /var/spool
> # ls -l
> total 36
> drwxr-xr-x  2 defang  defang      512 May  3 17:56 MD-Quarantine
> drwxr-x---  2 defang  smmsp    512 May 13 12:02 MIMEDefang

Like I said, don't run MD as user 'defang'.

Stop MD:

/usr/local/etc/rc.d/mimedefang.sh stop

Change the owner of these directories:

chown -R mailnull /var/spool/MD-Quarantine
chown -R mailnull /var/spool/MIMEDefang

Edit /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mimedefang.sh and change MX_USER to mailnull.

Start MD:

/usr/local/etc/rc.d/mimedefang.sh start

> (According to my passwd file, Sendmail ownership is thus):
>
> smmsp:*:25:25::0:0:Sendmail Submission
> User:/var/spool/clientmqueue:/sbin/nologin
> mailnull:*:26:26::0:0:Sendmail Default
> User:/var/spool/mqueue:/sbin/nologin

Yup.

> I have also tried mailnull as the group for the MIMEDefang directory.

No, make it the owner, as above.

Your /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/etc/mimedefang directories are fine.

I'd like to know what's in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mimedefang.sh...

Craig.
------