[Mimedefang] Incorrect required_hits setting

Richard J. Kieran rkieran at rhnet.org
Fri May 13 11:25:33 EDT 2005

I just set up a new MD/SA server with MIMEDefang v. 2.51 and SpamAssassin 3.0.2. I have found that the required_hits setting is being ignored. I have it set to 4, but the default of 5 is being used
instead. If I run SpamAssassin in test mode and hand-feed it an email, it uses the correct setting (4). But when called by MD in the normal way, 5 is used. All of my local .cf files were copied from
the old server, which was using MD 2.42 and SA 2.63. Any thoughts on why this might be happening?