[Mimedefang] spamassassin error messages

Craig Green cgreen at sentex.net
Thu May 12 12:26:21 EDT 2005

Lisa Casey wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could someone please verify that I have Sendmail set up correctly to
> work with Mimedefang? It is Sendmail 8.13 so it has milter support
> already in it (and I have verified that). I put the following line in
> my sendmail.mc before using it to regenerate sendmail.cf:
>
> INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang',
> `S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, T
> =S:5m;R:5m')dnl

You're using FreeBSD, right?

I use:

MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang',
`S=local:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, F=T,
T=C:15m;S:4m;R:4m;E:10m')dnl
define(`confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS', `mimedefang')dnl

in my <HOSTNAME>.mc file, as the port's post-install message
recommends.  If <HOSTNAME>.mc doesn't exist, 'cd /etc/mail; make cf'
will create it.  You can then drop the filter lines into it at the bottom.

While still in the /etc/mail directory, you then:

make cf
make install
make restart-mta

If you really want to be certain, do a 'grep mimedef
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf' before the 'make restart-mta' to verify Sendmail
will see the line when it restarts.

You can check out the Makefile for other useful targets ('make maps'
likely being the most common).

Craig.
------