[Mimedefang] Tiny Text

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Tue May 10 09:49:39 EDT 2005

> Maybe something like?
>
> describe TINY_TEXT_1               Body includes very small html text
> rawbody TINY_TEXT_1                /FONT-SIZE: (?:1|1.5|2|2.5|3)px/i
> score TINY_TEXT_1                  3.0
>#
> describe TINY_TEXT_2               Body includes very small html text
> rawbody TINY_TEXT_2                /FONT-SIZE: (?:1|1.5|2|2.5|3)\;/i
> score TINY_TEXT_2                  3.0
>
> <challenge> Can someone do this more eloquently? </challenge>

We have been using

rawbody CU_TINY_FONT           /font-size: (0|1);/i
describe CU_TINY_FONT          HTML obfuscation using 0 or 1 pt lettering

It matches only about 1500 spams a day, but that's something.  Yours
looks slightly better.  Have you really seen 1.5 points?  I saw 0 (!).

Free Preview of Weight Watchers(R) Annual Recipes for Success 2005!
Try the Trim Patch & Watch the pounds slip away!
There is a sizable chance you are....
Claim your Complimentary 42" Plasma Screen TV
Get a new HP Pavillion Laptop for Free!
Why spend more on ink cartridges, save up to 85% off
Taking surveys for a $300 Grocery Gift Card-->
Buy DVD's at wholesale. Save upto 94%!
Meet serious Christian Singles, just like you->
Tell us what you think. Get a free* tune-shuffling MP3!
Claim 250 Full-Color Business Cards FREE!

... etc.

It would be fun to score an increasing number for each size below 8,
like 8.0 minus the point size :-)

Joseph Brennan
Academic Technologies Group, Academic Information Systems (AcIS)
Columbia University in the City of New York