[Mimedefang] SMTP

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Mon May 9 15:00:29 EDT 2005

WBrown wrote:
> mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com wrote on 05/09/2005
> 02:14:54 PM:
>
>> I am having problems emailing one particular company. Unfortunately
>> that company happens to be our bank! The logs show lots of these:
>
> Have you tried sending an email to them by hand?  Looks to me like
> their server is the one generating the 421 4.0.0 error.

I suspect so as well.  I was able to send an email by hand to their postmaster@ address, though, so it seems that this is contact-specific.  Try generating a prepared set of SMTP commands:

HELO ...
MAIL FROM: ...
RCPT TO: ...
DATA
.

and issue them into a telnet session on port 25 of their mail server.

Make sure you're really talking to their server and not your local antivirus program.

Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com                 805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com         Software Engineer
perl -e"map{y/a-z/l-za-k/;print}shift" "Jjhi pcdiwtg Ptga wprztg,"