[Mimedefang] Re: Validate users before scanning?

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Wed May 4 17:43:08 EDT 2005

Matthew.van.Eerde wrote:
> Tina Marie wrote:
>> Outbound mails are only calling it once.
>>
>> Is 10 calls to md_check_against_smtp_server less expensive then one call to
>> clamAV? And why is it always tempfailing the first time?  My
>> server's not that busy...

Hopefully we can get it down to 1 call to md_check_against_smtp_server per recipient.

> So you're tempfailing due to some kind of recursive depth checker
> saving you.

In particular, you're running out of MIMEDefang threads.  The tempfail is actually on the LAST call to filter_recipient - the stack pops in reverse call order, and your log entries are printed AFTER the md_check_against_smtp_server, so they're in reverse order of depth (deepest first.)