[Mimedefang] Re: Validate users before scanning?

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Wed May 4 17:38:17 EDT 2005

Tina Marie wrote:
> In article <slrnd7i5sb.474.tina at tripacerdriver.com>, Tina Marie wrote:
>> Thank you! That was exactly what I was looking for.
>
> Outbound mails are only calling it once.
>
> Is this normal (googling reveals people complaining about a lot
> of traffic to their LDAP server, so maybe it is...)?  Is 10 calls
> to md_check_against_smtp_server less expensive then one call to
> clamAV?
> And why is it always tempfailing the first time?  My server's not
> that busy...

Two things.

First, it's somewhat silly to run md_check_against_smtp_server(...) against localhost.  The way md_check_against_smtp_server works is it opens an SMTP conversation to that server, followed by a RCPT TO command.  This is itself calling filter_recipient, and you get an infinite loop.

So you're tempfailing due to some kind of recursive depth checker saving you.

Consider exiting filter_recipient early if $ip eq "127.0.0.1"

Second, what are you trying to do again? I must confess I don't entirely understand.

Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com                 805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com         Software Engineer
perl -e"map{y/a-z/l-za-k/;print}shift" "Jjhi pcdiwtg Ptga wprztg,"