[Mimedefang] Validate users before scanning?

Kelson kelson at speed.net
Wed May 4 12:53:02 EDT 2005

Tina Marie wrote:
> It looks to me like most of the ones I'm getting are addressed
> to addresses that sendmail is going to reject in the virtuser
> table.  It seems like a waste to scan these if I was going to
> reject them as NoSuchUser anyway.

Shouldn't this be happening anyway?  You do your virus scanning in
filter_begin or filter_end, right?  Those get triggered in the DATA
phase.  The virtusertable lookups should be done for each RCPT TO.  If
there are no valid recipients, will sendmail even accept anything for DATA?

Or am I just completely confused here as to the process?

--
Kelson Vibber