[Mimedefang] freshclam -- Is it a daemon?

Doug Hubbard doug at trackmaster.com
Wed May 4 10:48:47 EDT 2005

It does not run as a daemon.
Here is the cron task that I run to use freshclam to update the defs.

# added to update the clamav defs every hour
18 * * * * /usr/local/bin/freshclam --quiet
--config-file=/etc/freshclam.conf

Every hour may be a little excessive, but we have had issues in the past
with virus getting in before the updates are grabbed.

--

Doug Hubbard - IT Manager