[Mimedefang] Installing on FreeBSD

Lisa Casey lisa at jellico.com
Mon May 2 18:08:02 EDT 2005

Hi,

I need to install Mimedefang on a FreeBSD 4.6 system as the Redhat system I
was running my mail server on crashed. I've  upgraded perl to 5.8.6 (it was
5.001 or something like that) and installed the necessary perl modules for
mimedefang. I have a couple of questions though about installing on FreeBSD
(this is different from the way my Red Hat system was).

I have Sendmail 8.13 on here. According to the Mimedefang instructions I
need to make sure I have a queue runner. Does anyone know if Sendmail 8.13
will do this automatically? In the mimedefang instructions I was reading it
said to do this by adding sendmail -Ac -qp5m to the init script for
Sendmail. On my Red Hat system this was in /etc/init.d. I can't find where I
should specify this on FreeBSD.

When I installed my radius server on this FreeBSD system, I put the init
script for it in /usr/local/etc/rc.d (there's  no sendmail script therre).
Is this where I should put my mimedefang init script? How will I know if
this stops & starts mimedefang at the right times? I believe mimedefang
should start up after Sendmail does and should be stopped before Sendmail
is.

Thanks,

Lisa Casey