[Mimedefang] RE: Problem running virus-scanner

Rania Saymeh rania_saymeh at hotmail.com
Mon May 2 11:26:25 EDT 2005

>Did you update your mimedefang-filter to reflect the actual location of the
>clamd.sock file?  Note that clamav-milter is not used by MIMEDefang.

>That having been said, I find I save a lot of memory by running
>clamav-milter on all incoming mail first, >and MIMEDefang only on mail that
>passes clamav-milter.

>Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com                 805.964.4554 x902
>Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com         Software Engineer
>perl -e"map{y/a-z/l-za-k/;print}shift" "Jjhi pcdiwtg Ptga wprztg,"

I did update my filter with the clamd.sock file..no luck, do you have the
option of running defang without a virus scanner?  where do you specifiy at
what point does the virus scanner kick in? (ie. can I totally recieve the
email before the virus scanner tries to scan the message, right now it
woun't even let me finish a sendmail session)
sorry I'm new to this!

thanks,
Rania