[Mimedefang] for mcafee lovers

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Mar 22 22:20:44 EST 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005, Roland Pope wrote:

> You would need to reject HTML email too to prevent HTML exploits

I reject almost all HTML e-mail; there are very specific conditions
that have to be met for HTML mail to get through my filter.

> (Unless you are using text only mail readers).

I used to use Pine exclusively, but now that Thunderbird supports an
external editor for mail composition, I use it quite a bit.  Alas, it will
render HTML mail. :-(

> And I guess Phishing attacks are not strictly viruses, even though many AV
> vendors block them.

Right.