[Mimedefang] Trying to find cause of tempfails

Cormack, Ken Ken.Cormack at roadway.com
Mon Mar 7 16:23:10 EST 2005

No, Jim.  We're not using that function.

The strange thing is the 4.3.2 suggests a problem on my end, and the mention
of "milter" in the log entries suggests that sendmail is either waiting on
MIMEDefang, or that MIMEDefang is perhaps waiting on File::Scan, Vexira, or
CLAMD.

However, all day long, my systems have successfully processed emails with
larger attachments, coming from hosts no faster or slower than the problem
domain, and have done so during periods of much higher traffic than the
times when the tempfails began.  It only seems to be happening with respect
to the one problem domain.

Ken