[Mimedefang] Trying to find cause of tempfails

Cormack, Ken Ken.Cormack at roadway.com
Mon Mar 7 10:12:04 EST 2005

James,

Thanks for the feedback - it gives me a place to start.  However, I've
checked my INPIT_MAIL_FILTER statement, in sendmail.mc, and it is configured
as "F=T, T=S:5m;R=5m;E:5m".  I have used these values as-is, for 2 years
now, without problems.  I would agree that perhaps they might timeout if the
messages were particularly large, but we allow 50MB max size (which even
that, we seldom see), the messages in question are usually just a few KB in
size, and the attempts were made throughout the night... Historically, our
period of lightest traffic/workload.  Other emails received during this same
period, coming from different domains, are coming through just fine.  It's
only this one sending domain that is experiencing the problem I'm seeing.
Lastly, we have two MX hosts, and these errors are showing up on both the
primary and secondary hosts.

Might anyone else have other pointers as to where I should look?

Ken