[Mimedefang] Which Virus Scanner?

James Ebright jebright at esisnet.com
Mon Mar 7 09:26:01 EST 2005

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 11:08:15 +0200, Jonathan Maliepaard wrote

> use File::Scan;
> $Features{"File::Scan"} = 1; (or 0)

It is my undrstanding that this is a proposed new feature to avoid dropping
File::Scan altogether? I am not sure as I do not use it, but, regardless you
can add some logging or headers to the virus scanning part of filter_begin
rather easily. Something like:

if ($Features{'Virus:FPROT'}) {
  action_change_header("X-Antivirus", 'Scanned by F-Prot Antivirus
(http://www.f-prot.com)');
  action_change_header("X-Antivirus-Summary", "Mod score:
$code,$category,$action");
}

Now I use f-prot and add these X-headers regardless of AV status much like the
default milter that comes with f-prot. You will want to use:

if ($Features{'Virus:FileScan'})

instead, also, this is the test I believe you want to modify in an attempt to
disable File::Scan. Also, if you prefer it woudl be a simple matter to change
those to md_syslog calls instead of change_header actions.

Jim

--
EsisNet.com Webmail Client