[Mimedefang] defunct defang processes

John Nemeth jnemeth at victoria.tc.ca
Sun Mar 6 18:39:16 EST 2005

On Jul 25, 12:40pm, Ali Rahmanzadeh wrote:
}
} 	I have installed sendmail/mimedefang/spamassasin on a solaris system.
} It seems to be working OK, but some of the defang processes created by
} the mimedefang program stay around even the mail for which the process
} was created has been processed and it's subdirectory in
} /var/spool/MIMEDefang has been removed. These processes are marked as
} defunct.

     Hmm, this is interesting.  I'm seeing the same thing on NetBSD
2.0.  Since this is the first release of NetBSD with native pthreads, I
thought it was an OS issue, but maybe not.  I ended up writing a script
that uses md-mx-ctrl slaves to find out which slaves MIMEDefang knows
about and kill the rest, which is run periodically from cron.

}-- End of excerpt from Ali Rahmanzadeh