[Mimedefang] Integrating SPF...

Mark admin at asarian-host.net
Thu Mar 31 14:49:29 EST 2005

And, according to RFC 2476 (6.2. Require Authentication), you are within
your right.

But, in section 9 (Security Considerations), it also says:

   If a site fails to require any form of authorization for message
   submissions (see section 3.3 for discussion), it is allowing open use
   of its resources and name; unsolicited bulk email can be injected
   using its facilities.

Reading back, I see you actually misquoted me; I said:

> Indeed. Likewise, there are still mail servers out there who do NOT
> enforce an AUTH mechanism on port 587.

(capitalization added). So, I take it you mean to say you enforce
AUTH, too? :)

- Mark

        System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---