[Mimedefang] Mime Part Removal and then entire quarantine.

Kris Deugau kdeugau at vianet.ca
Wed Mar 30 14:35:04 EST 2005

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com wrote:
> Kris Deugau wrote:
> > About 3 years ago, just after setting up a system to scan outbound
> > mail for the ISP I was working for, one user got infected with a
> > VBScript "virus" that actually attached itself to legitimate
> > messages.  That user called in with a problem emailing a friend...
>
> If you were that user, would you be happy or sad that your outbound
> email had been blocked?

They were mildly annoyed, but they were more disturbed by the fact that
their PC had a virus on it.  (IIRC)  Also IIRC, they did not have an AV
package of any kind on their system.  :/

At the time, we might have also been sending warnings to "infected"
users;  IIRC that was using the (MUCH more limited) RAV AV milter rather
than MD.  After seeing the problems with that setup, I eventually found
MD and implemented a much more sane AV policy.  I've also since dropped
RAV in favour of Clam.

-kgd
--
Get your mouse off of there!  You don't know where that email has been!