[Mimedefang] Deep Recursion Error

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Wed Mar 30 08:58:09 EST 2005

--On Tuesday, March 29, 2005 21:29 -0500 "Kevin A. McGrail"
<kmcgrail at pccc.com> wrote:

> Thanks David.  I've set it to 50.  Ever seen a legit email with that many
> MIME parts?
>
> KAM

We did.  Pretty amazing.  Someone was forwarding web pages in some
manner that made all of the web page's text and images into cid: parts
of the forward message.  I had to see it to believe it.  The one I saw
had I think 65 parts.  There was some academic-related reason for it
so we wanted to allow it.  We set $MaxMIMEParts = 100; and it has not
caused any trouble I know of.

Joseph Brennan
Academic Technologies Group, Academic Information Systems (AcIS)
Columbia University in the City of New York