[Mimedefang] ClamAV or BitDefender

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Tue Mar 29 14:59:58 EST 2005

Oliver Schulze L. wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm looking for a free antivirus solution.
> I wonder if anyone have experience in ClamAV or BitDefender.
> I think I will install one of them, but haven't decided yet.
>
> Advice ar welcome.
>
> Thanks
> Oliver

My two cents: install both.  Or to be more general, install two anti-virus solutions from two different vendors.

If you rely on one vendor, it only takes one thing to go wrong and your anti-virus won't catch viruses.

If you rely on three vendors or more, then the risk of security holes in the AV software becomes more and more present.

Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com                 805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com         Software Engineer
perl -e"map{y/a-z/l-za-k/;print}shift" "Jjhi pcdiwtg Ptga wprztg,"