[Mimedefang] Deep Recursion Error

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Tue Mar 29 14:11:02 EST 2005

We were seeing a higher than normal load and MD processes that are giving
this error:

Slave 3 stderr: Deep recursion on subroutine "main::rebuild_entity" at
/usr/local/bin/mimedefang.pl line 667.

This started today at 11:20AM local time.  There are no other stderr entries
going back to the 22nd and they are all 'ignoring text in character set'
entries

Running MD 2.51 & MIME-tools-5.417.

The call is to a rebuild_entity so I have to believe this is some sort of
MIME error.

They seem to have goine away after a restart of MD and sendmail but I'm
worried.  Would appreciate hints on the subject.

Regards,
KAM