[Mimedefang] OT: New Sendmail spam block

Mark admin at asarian-host.net
Fri Mar 25 20:40:59 EST 2005

Then I would say you are doing a good thing. I do the same. :)

> If a remote server uses one of our IP's in the HELO
> command, our servers will reject the message.

I also reject on every HELO name which is in class=w (sendmail), but
connects with the wrong IP (including, but not limited, to addresses which
resolve to 'localhost', but are not from 127.*). Very effective, too. A
lot of spammers seem to think that you will somehow give them a
passepartout if only they use your hostname for HELO. ;) That logic has
always escaped me; for even if I were not monitoring HELO names,
connecting with such faked, local HELO names means absolutely nothing to
sendmail, in terms of giving out extra credit. All a spammer really does
that way, is unequivocally announce and confirm his own status as a
bonafide spammer.

- Mark

        System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---