[Mimedefang] OT: New Sendmail spam block

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Fri Mar 25 12:43:24 EST 2005

David F. Skoll wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Ben Kamen wrote:
>

>>The person I've been having the problems with is quoting RFC821, but
>>forgetting he's breaking RFC1123 which is the amendment to 821.
>

> The latest is RFC 2821.

Thanks,

  I'm looking over it and the section reads more like 821 than 1123.

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse - I'm just trying to make sure my
interpretation of the "rules" are correct. Right now, Spam has everyone trying
things of which some seem to break MTA's in a legitamate fashion while other
methods are in a way vigalantism (if that's word)...

How do you politely tell another admin he's broken something against an RFC
when there's room for personal inflection of what the RFC is recommending.

Anyway - thanks for everyone's input.

  -ben