[Mimedefang] OT: New Sendmail spam block

James Ebright jebright at esisnet.com
Thu Mar 24 16:46:23 EST 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 14:50:30 -0600, Richard Laager wrote
}I block unqualified names outright, as well as bare IP addresses. IP
}addresses that are enclosed in brackets are accepted, as long as they're
}not forging one of my IP addresses.

The only issue with that is all if the broken/misconfigured MTAs out there....
M$ exchange servers OFTEN send:

EXCHANGE.servernetbiosname.local as their HELO

MS outlook express PCs often send their NETBIOS names as the HELO

Those are just 2 examples off the top of my head, I can run my debug filter to
just watch what HELOs were sent... probably 20% or so of the _valid_ messages
have what I would consider bogus HELOs.

Jim
--
EsisNet.com Webmail Client