[Mimedefang] Re: mimedefang error mimedefang.sock unsafe??

alan premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Wed Mar 23 22:53:20 EST 2005

David F. Skoll wrote:
...snip...

> If you're on Linux, try this:
>
> 	strace mimedefang.pl -features > TRACE.OUT 2>&1
>
> and sending me (off-list!) TRACE.OUT

David,

  Thanks for the pointer. checking the strace info (before sending it to
you) I was able to determine that it's hanging while trying to connect
to my SQL database server.

Since I have SpamAssassin configured to use a MySQL database server
(non-local) and it's not able to make the connection to the database
server, it's just hanging. completely. indefinitely.

if I comment out the SQL bayes lines in sa-mimedefang.cf, mimedefang.pl
-features and -test start to work as expected.

Thanks for the help.

Alan