[Mimedefang] Which antivirus?

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Tue Mar 22 12:22:44 EST 2005

Thanks for the reminder as I've forgotten to publish it since last June or
so when I implemented it.  I've just placed it in the filter at
http://www.peregrinehw.com/downloads/MIMEDefang/mimedefang-filter-KAM.  We
use it live but I didn't "test" with that actual filter.

Basic premise is that we define "really bad" file extensions
(com|pif|scr|bat) that historically just don't exist in legit emails and we
treat those as a virus except we modified filter and filter_multipart to do
a bounce rather than a discard.

It's really straightforward but this combined with the Archive::Zip changes
made it so that we really never even had to hit a virus scanner for all of
the zip/pif/scr viruses over the past year since DFS added the
functionality.

Regards,
KAM