[Mimedefang] mimedefang error mimedefang.sock unsafe??

Rob MacGregor rob.macgregor at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 09:26:14 EST 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 07:33:30 -0600, Troy R. LeBouef <troy at lebouef.com> wrote:
> I am trying to run the latest version of mimedefang and I started
> getting this error :
>
> Mar 21 14:36:31 ns1 sendmail[17185]: j2LKaVL0017185: Milter
> (mimedefang): local socket name /var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock
> unsafe

First thing to do - search the list archive.  This comes up from time
to time and the answers are probably there.

If the mimedefang.sock isn't being created then either you're not
starting MD correctly, not waiting long enough (with the embedded perl
interpreter I've seen it take 4 or 5 seconds) or you've got a
permissions problem.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
Rob MacGregor