[Mimedefang] a way to handle mail from domains with "bad" mx entries?

James Ebright jebright at esisnet.com
Fri Mar 18 13:18:20 EST 2005

The check against SMTP was recently added to the wiki at:
http://www.mimedefang.org/kwiki/index.cgi?RelayCheckAddresses

I also check for bad HELOs which probably strips most if not all of those
types of relays out (using rfc defined "non-routable" address space... so I do
not know what repercusions you might have (I.E. what broken server software is
out there... like I recently found out you can only check against SMTP for
exchange servers 2003+, guess M$ didn't think it important....) by blocking
these outright.. but it would be fairly trivial to add a check in filter_relay
to catch and reject those.

Jim

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:54:24 -0500, Albert Croft wrote

--
EsisNet.com Webmail Client