[Mimedefang] new mimedefang and antivirus errors

James Ebright jebright at esisnet.com
Wed Mar 16 09:26:03 EST 2005

Look in your mimedefang-filter... the way the AV logic works changed not long
ago to try and scan both multi-parts and then whole message. Compare the AV
logic in your filter with the example one that comes with MD and you will see
where you need to make changes to yours.

It is in filter_begin I believe, compare there, look for:

 md_copy_orig_msg_to_work_dir_as_mbox_file();

I use f-prot myself with no problems, but did have to rewrite the filter logic
during one upgrade a few versions back.

Jim

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 08:13:25 -0600, Troy R. LeBouef wrote
> I am currently trying to upgrade mimedefang and SA to the latest
> version and am having troubles with the new mimedefang script.
> Mimedefang Version 2.51 and SA 3.02. On red-had 8.   When I try
> using the new script that comes with Mimedefang I start getting
> virus scan errors.
> Mar 15 23:15:27 ns1 sendmail[2545]: j2G5FQt9002545: --- 451 4.3.0
> Problem running virus-scanner (hold)
>
> Anyone have an idea why this is the antivirus I have been running
> runs with the old script just fine and by it self ?? I am using f-
> prot.   Thanks in advance, Troy

EsisNet.com Webmail Client