[Mimedefang] Mimedefang + Outlook Invitation (text/calendar) issue

Alan Lehman alehman at gbutler.com
Sat Mar 12 21:34:32 EST 2005

>Kolarik, Thomas thomas.kolarik
>Mon Nov 29 09:56:58 EST 2004
>
>Hi mimedefangers,
>
>CONFIG:
>
>	latest mimedefang 2.48, standard /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter,
>latest version as sendmail milter,
>	sendmail 8.13.1
>
>	mimedefang-filter has
>	deactivated 	#remove_redundant_html_parts($entity);
>	and activated 	action_rebuild();
>
>PROBLEM:
>
>	Outlook calendar invitations get mangled by mimedefang.
>	A receiving outlook client reacts to by displaying the
>text/plain or text/html
>	part as e-mail text and showing the text/calendar
>	part as attachment that can be opened. BUT it does not recognize
>this as an invitation.
>
>	It looks like mimedefang adds "Content-Disposition: inline"
>	to the MIME parts, I could not check if this confuses exchange.
>
>Has anybody experienced this before?
>
>regs
>Tom
>
>(thomas.kolarik at 42virtual.com)

<snip>

I am experiencing this problem as well. I was wondering if anyone has
found a solution or work-around.

Also, occasionally email attachments are missing although there is no
indication in the mimedefang log that an attachment was removed. Is
there any way that MD could cause an attachment to disappear without a
trace?

MD: 2.51
clamav and uvscan
filter_bad_filename() and action_rebuild() are enabled

Thanks,
Alan