[Mimedefang] OT can some help me with this?

Ole Craig olc at cs.umass.edu
Wed Mar 9 18:30:26 EST 2005

On 03/09/05 at 16:53, 'twas brillig and Jerry Vonau scrobe:
> Hi All:
>
> Just need to pick some brains here. My mail server is having trouble sending mail
> to one mail server, when I telnet to port 25 I get this back:
>
> [root at scanmail jerry]# telnet 64.59.128.220 25
> Trying 64.59.128.220...
> Connected to 64.59.128.220.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> The daily limit for sending e-mail from this account has been reached.
> Please try again tomorrow.
> Connection closed by foreign host.
>
> My sendmail log show:
>
>  Mar  9 14:28:45 scanmail sendmail[16343]: j29ERNQb011110: to=<xxxxxx at larters.com
> >, delay=06:01:21, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=esmtp, pri=32671406, relay=smail-cal.
> shawcable.com. [64.59.128.220], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred: Connection reset by sm
> ail-cal.shawcable.com.
>
> The above is repeated for any domains that resolve to this ip address.
>
> The tech at the isp says that everything is fine on their end and there must be problem with me.
> I don't think it's me, as I not the one deferring the connection attempt. Any thoughts out there?

You're correct, it's not your mailserver software. Have you tried the
telnet test from another host? (i.e. using a different internet-facing
IP?)

		Ole
--
Ole Craig * UNIX, linux, SMTP-fu; news, web; SGI martyr * admin-at-large

   Need a seasoned *NIX admin in the Denver/Boulder area? Hire me!
        http://www.cs.umass.edu/~olc/pub/olc-resume.txt