[Mimedefang] OT can some help me with this?

Jerry Vonau jvonau at winnipegmotorexpress.com
Wed Mar 9 17:53:49 EST 2005

Hi All:

Just need to pick some brains here. My mail server is having trouble sending mail
to one mail server, when I telnet to port 25 I get this back:

[root at scanmail jerry]# telnet 64.59.128.220 25
Trying 64.59.128.220...
Connected to 64.59.128.220.
Escape character is '^]'.
The daily limit for sending e-mail from this account has been reached.
Please try again tomorrow.
Connection closed by foreign host.

My sendmail log show:

 Mar  9 14:28:45 scanmail sendmail[16343]: j29ERNQb011110: to=<xxxxxx at larters.com
>, delay=06:01:21, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=esmtp, pri=32671406, relay=smail-cal.
shawcable.com. [64.59.128.220], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred: Connection reset by sm
ail-cal.shawcable.com.

The above is repeated for any domains that resolve to this ip address.

The tech at the isp says that everything is fine on their end and there must be problem with me.
I don't think it's me, as I not the one deferring the connection attempt. Any thoughts out there?

Thanks in advance

Jerry