[Mimedefang] Per-user SA preferences with LDAP under Mimedefang

natecars at real-time.com natecars at real-time.com
Tue Mar 8 22:14:36 EST 2005

Hey all,

As I posted awhile ago, I've gotten Mimedefang to do per-user spam
preferences, with the preferences stored in LDAP. I've finally had time to
throw together a bit of documentation on it and post the patches; it's all
available at:

http://www.natecarlson.com/linux/mimedefang-ldap-prefs.php

Note that my documentation on how to set it up is rather sparse; the code
has been running on a couple mail servers for a few months without any
major problems, though. The code could also use quite a bit of cleanup.
:)  Also, there isn't any nice interface to manage prefs in LDAP yet - at
some point, I may get around to writing one.

Also, this only supports LDAP at this time, but it'd be trivial to extend
the code to support preferences in MySQL. Would anyone be interested in
that?

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments!