[Mimedefang] Modified "stream_by_recipient"?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Mar 7 14:43:40 EST 2005

Larry Starr wrote:

> What I'm thinking about is a process that would:
>      look for these recipients in a message and:
>  1.  if found remove those recipients from the list (into a separate list)
>  2.  Process the original message, with all remaining recipients.
>  3.  re-process the Original message (with only the recipients removed in "1"
>      above.

[...]

> I was just wondering, before I start, if anyone has done this before?

Yes.  CanIt-PRO does this.

Basically, you build up "equivalence-classes" of users who all want
the same kind of processing.  If the message recipients are all in the
same equivalence-class, you just process it.  Otherwise, you re-mail out
copies (one per equivalence-class) and discard the original.

That's the concept.  The code is proprietary. :-)

But a hint:  Take a look at stream_by_domain.  Very minor modifications
to that function will do what you need.