[Mimedefang] Modified "stream_by_recipient"?

Larry Starr larrys at fullcompass.com
Mon Mar 7 14:23:49 EST 2005

I am currently running MIMEDefang 2.37 and SpamAssassin 2.63, with Sendmail
8.12, on a RedHat Mail Gateway (No local users on the gateway).

My problem is that I have a couple of users, who are worried about missing
messages, and have requested that SA, scores to identify spam be raised for
their mail.  I have implemented rules, to add a small "whitelist" value to
messages in which these users appear as recipients.

Unfortunately this has the effect of raising the cutoff scores, for all
recipients that are named on the same message.

I realize that "stream_by_recipeint" exists for this situation, however I
don't relish the idea of adding the load, that this would seem to imply, to
my server.

What I'm thinking about is a process that would:
a.	look for these recipients in a message and:
	1.  if found remove those recipients from the list (into a separate list)
	2.  Process the original message, with all remaining recipients.
	3.  re-process the Original message (with only the recipients removed in "1"
	     above.
b.	If none of thes recipients are in the recpipent list, let the message flow
	normally through the filters.

I was just wondering, before I start, if anyone has done this before?

Thank you,
Larry G. Starr - larrys at fullcompass.com or starrl at globaldialog.com
Software Engineer: Full Compass Systems LTD.
Phone: 608-831-7330 x 1347  FAX: 608-831-6330