[Mimedefang] Ad / Announcement: CanIt is free for small organizations

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Mar 3 14:39:31 EST 2005

Troy Carpenter wrote:

> Quick Question: What is the advantage to using the Canit system over
> the free Mimedefang?

The Web interface mostly, and a better Bayes engine.  Greylisting.
The "Known Networks" feature.

> Do I have the ability it Canit to customize the mimedefang
> filter to behave similar to standard Mimedefang?

Yes.  You can edit the filter.  You need to be careful, though, to
always make the calls into the CanIt guts if you don't reject the
mail yourself.

> I also have secondary MXs that are not under my control and have had
> to pay a good bit of attention to my mimedefang filter to
> accommodate for that (like discard instead of reject if the SPAM is
> coming from my secondary MX).

That's built in to CanIt (see the "Known Networks" feature.)