OT: Re: [Mimedefang] Fedora to replace sendmail with Exim as default MTA?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Mar 1 14:39:47 EST 2005

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, Stephen J. Smoogen wrote:

> Can you give me some tips on where you are seeing this. I think if all
> goes well I will be the Fedora packager for mimedefang... and want to
> get it into place in a happy way.

Well, it only affects CanIt.  Under Fedora's SELinux settings, Apache is
not allowed to open a UNIX-domain socket.  Since the default for PostgreSQL
is to use a UNIX-domain socket if the client is on the same host, it
kind of breaks our software.

I'm not familiar enough with SELinux configuration to know how to allow
Apache to open a UNIX-domain socket.