[Mimedefang] ClamAV's Worm/Trojan/Joke/W97M classifications

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Thu Jun 30 14:29:22 EDT 2005

Chris Gauch wrote:
> Matthew.van.Erde wrote:
>
>> I'd have to say, in this case there is no choice but to create a
>> bounce message.  I wonder, though, if there's a way to do it that
>> wouldn't include the virus?
>
> I missed this one...now you're actually doing a discard and notifying
> the sender.  But...the sender could be forged, so now I have to deal
> with a call from Jane Schmoe asking why she received the rejection
> (raising my blood pressure and making my blood boil in fury that I
> have to take yet another call from an innocent user posing this same,
> broken record question -- if I received a dime every time I heard it,
> I wouldn't be here, that's for sure!).

That's the price you pay for accepting the virus in the first place, Chris. :) Next time make sure to keep your gateway AV as up-to-date as the next-hop machine's.

--
Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com                 805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com         Software Engineer