[Mimedefang] Virus-notification for Admin and Recipient?

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Wed Jun 29 09:12:51 EDT 2005

mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com wrote on 06/28/2005 01:24:19
PM:

> The problem is that our users and admin personnel have become used to
> the behaviour of AntiVir MailGate, which sends a short notification
> email to the admin, who it was that would have received a virus. In
> addition, users were also send a short email stating that a virus
> headed for them has been blocked.

Time for user re-education.  As an admin that used to get those
notifications that a virus was sent to a user, I hated them.  I'd treat it
the same way I did spam...  scan my inbox and whack without reading.  I
turned those off when I started turning off message to sender several
years ago.  No one seemed to notice when I did that.