[Mimedefang] problems with check_against_smtp_server and a cyrus backend

Martin Blapp mb at imp.ch
Fri Jun 17 16:30:22 EDT 2005

David,

In mimedefang filter you write for GLOBALS:

In filter_begin
 	Available to filter_begin, filter and filter_end

In filter
 	Available to filter and filter_end

[...]

In one of ~100000 cases I see all globals vanished in filter_end(), they
are lost for some reason, everything is empty. I tempfail such mails and 15
minutes later they are prozessed again, this time correctly.

The strange thing is, sometime it doesn't happen for 2-3 days, then 10 times the
day.

Do you have an idea why this happens or where the problem could be ? Is there a
way to have a safeguard in mimedefang which 'fix' those cases ?

Martin