[Mimedefang] ClamAV's Worm/Trojan/Joke/W97M classifications

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Thu Jun 30 16:05:57 EDT 2005

Matthew van Eerde wrote:
> Les wrote:
>>
>> You don't seem to understand that the people who receive these
>> bounces and notifications have nothing to do with the problem or the
>> forwarders causing them, and in the case of notifications that have
>> the virus removed, their own scanner can't even stop it.
>
> I understand, I just don't care.  There's a massive SEP field in play
> there. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEP_field

Heh, this is the plot of Spiderman.

The burglar is the viral message.
Spiderman is the receiving MTA.  He chooses to reject the virus.
The virus deflects onto his uncle.
Spiderman is so racked with guilt that he turns to a life of vigilante justice.

Hope that doesn't happen to me...

--
Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com                 805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com         Software Engineer