[Mimedefang] ClamAV's Worm/Trojan/Joke/W97M classifications

Chris Gauch cgauch at digicon.net
Thu Jun 30 14:17:04 EDT 2005

Matthew.van.Erde wrote:

> I'd have to say, in this case there is no choice but to create a bounce
> message.  I wonder, though, if there's a way to do it that wouldn't
> include the virus?

I missed this one...now you're actually doing a discard and notifying the
sender.  But...the sender could be forged, so now I have to deal with a call
from Jane Schmoe asking why she received the rejection (raising my blood
pressure and making my blood boil in fury that I have to take yet another
call from an innocent user posing this same, broken record question -- if I
received a dime every time I heard it, I wouldn't be here, that's for
sure!).

- Chris

Chris Gauch
Systems Administrator