[Mimedefang] MD on a fresh machine

Dirk the Daring dirk at psicorps.org
Thu Jun 30 11:15:01 EDT 2005

   I'm installing MD on a fresh machine (Solaris v8 w/latest patches,
Perl v5.8.6, sendmail v8.13.4) and in preparation I've installed
SpamAssassin v3.0.4 first, along with all the other modules needed for
both applications.

   After installing SA, I used this script to check the installation
status of all the modules:

		#!/opt/perl/bin/perl

		use ExtUtils::Installed;
		my $instmod = ExtUtils::Installed->new();
		foreach my $module ($instmod->modules()) {
			my $version = $instmod->version($module) || "???"
			print "$module -- $version\n";
		}

   This was the result when I ran the script:

	admin at host /home/admin 5 % perl listmods.pl
	Archive::Zip -- 1.14
	Compress::Zlib -- 1.34
	DB_File -- 1.811
	Digest::HMAC -- 1.01
	Digest::SHA1 -- 2.00
	HTML::Parser -- 3.45
	HTML::Tagset -- 3.04
	IO::Stringy -- 2.110
	MIME-tools -- ???
	MIME::Base64 -- 3.05
	Mail -- ???
	Mail::Audit -- 2.1
	Mail::SpamAssassin -- 3.000004
	Net -- ???
	Net::DNS -- 0.51
	Net::IP -- 1.23
	Perl -- 5.8.6
	Pod -- ???
	Time::HiRes -- 1.66
	Unix::Syslog -- 0.100

   I'm concerned that the MIME-tools, Mailtools, Net and Pod modules do
not show up as having a version. These are what I installed:

	Archive-Zip-1.14
	Compress-Zlib-1.34
	DB_File-1.811
	Digest-HMAC-1.01
	Digest-SHA1-2.00
	HTML-Parser-3.45
	HTML-Tagset-3.04
	IO-stringy-2.110
	MIME-Base64-3.05
	MIME-tools-5.417
	Mail-Audit-2.1
	MailTools-1.67
	Net-DNS-0.51
	Net-IP-1.23
	Time-HiRes-1.66
	Unix-Syslog-0.100
	libnet-1.19
	podlators-1.27

  Is this unusual? Or do those 4 modules just not implement a "version"
routine?

Dirk