[Mimedefang] ClamAV's Worm/Trojan/Joke/W97M classifications

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Jun 30 10:24:31 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 08:39, WBrown at e1b.org wrote:
> If I refuse delivery, I don't feel any responsibility for the
> NDN generated by some other system.

I still think you'll change your mind the day your address is the
one being forged and the target of a million bounces.

> They should not have accepted the
> mail for relay anyways, unless it truly was from an authorized user, in
> which case they deserve the bounces.

You didn't answer when I asked this before so I'll try again. Viruses
virtually always use legitimate addresses found in the local contact
list or headers of received email - just not the real sender.  How
does your system ensure that rejections by the next hop can only
be returned to the real sender, not a forged address?  If you can't
do this yourself, how can you expect the rest of the world to do it?
If you can, I'd like to know how.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com