[Mimedefang] Odd nonset variable issue

Chris Masters rotis23 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 30 08:09:55 EDT 2005

Hi All,

We had an occurrence recently of a
mimedefang-multiplexor slave not having the following
variables set (at least):

 $QueueID = 'NOQUEUE'
 $Sender = ''
 $Recipient[0] = ''

$MessageID was set OK.

Now, the mail was accepted by sendmail OK, the
sendmail log line had a qid and other mails (that were
split from the original single by a sendmail server
upstream) were processed OK. This meant that [because
of the design of our filter] the domain of the
recipient could not be validated and, as a result,
virus scanning was not performed on the mail.

Under what known conditions could this occur? I'm
guessing could be a problem with IPC between
sendmail->mimdefang(milter)->mimdefang-multiplexor(slave).

We're just about to start upgrading from
mimedefang-2.43 to the latest.

I can provide detailed logs offline if required. This
has happened more than once.

Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Chris