[Mimedefang] ClamAV's Worm/Trojan/Joke/W97M classifications

Jim McCullars jim at info.uah.edu
Wed Jun 29 17:20:52 EDT 2005

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Sven Willenberger wrote:

> The only problem with 554 is in cases (like ours) where the AV machine
> is not the MX server, i.e. the MX (inbound) gateway does user and rbl
> checks then passes the email to the av scanner. A 554 on the av scanner

   I agree that this would be problem, and is the major reason I stick
with MIMEDefang rather than purchase one of those "appliance" scanners.
They do perform the reprehensible (IMO) practice of accepting the email,
then scanning it, then generating a DSN email.  Ugh.

Jim McCullars
University of Alabama in Huntsville