[Mimedefang] Spamassassin Rules

Mack roaringpenguin.com at bass-speaker.com
Wed Jun 29 14:11:14 EDT 2005

I know it's prolly not the best place to ask, but since most ppl on this
list use SA with MD, i guessed it would be a good place to ask for opinions
!! :)

Due to an increase or porno based spam, that scores 0 or close to with the
most SARE rulesets and the SA default one, i'm guessing that the spammers
are crafting their emails to bypass SA checking (ie sending them through
default configs to see the scoring). I've written a set of rules that are
single (or multi) word rules that pick on the sexually explicit content and
score low, but enough of them score enough to tip it over the balance (since
they tend to hit maybe 1 SARE rule) and start being detected.

What do you guys/gals think?

is that a bad move ?

I've tried to make them the sort of words (or word combination) that isn't
really used in generic email (eg who send's and email with the word
'pantyhose' in it these days!)

I'd like your opinions pls :)

Cheers

Mack